- Bradford on Avon - Saxon Church, river and canal
- Castle Combe - Film location for Dr Doolittle
- Lacock Abbey - Films such as a ‘Pride & Prejudice’ and ‘Harry Potter’
- Bowood - House and gardens
- Stourhead - House and gardens
- Wilton - House and gardens
- Longleat - House, gardens and safari park
- Bath - Abbey, Roman baths, architecture and shopping
- Salisbury - Cathedral
- Bristol - SS Great Britain and dock area
- Wells - Cathedral
- Swindon - Swindon Designer Outlet and Steam Museum
- Westbury, Cherhill - White Horses carved in the hillside
- Malmesbury - Abbey and Gardens
There are important prehistoric sites at Stonehenge, Avebury, West Kennet and Longbarrow and there are often Crop Circles to be seen throughout the county.
There is a wide range of activities available and Wiltshire is an ideal base for your stay. If you have a more active holiday in mind, there are plenty of things to choose from.
- Cycling - Wiltshire Cycleway, Kennett & Avon Canal Towpath.
- Walking - Ridgeway, Tan Hill Way, Wansdyke, Macmillan Way, Thames Path, Cotswold Way.
- Golf - courses at Bowood, Castle Combe, Cumberwell.
- Motor Racing - Castle Combe and Thruxton circuits.
- Riding - many stables & livery yards.
- Boating & Fishing - Kennet & Avon Canal, River Avon & fishing lakes.
More details on the attractions and activities available in the area are available from web sites listed on our Links page